Artsy Fartsy Off the Grid



The cabin......eleven years in the making.   A work in progress.  Our home away from home.  Our cabin is off the grid, so to speak.  Not far from the road system, but inaccessible by car.

Our latest project has been finishing the loft, and like the outhouse, we wanted something fun and out of the ordinary. Yes, I decided that if I have to use an outhouse, it's going to be a fun, funky outhouse.


   So, back to the cabin...... We built a short wall for for added storage, and decided to make a custom headboard for our bed.  I was in charge of creating the fabric, so I started out with a piece of canvas, some textile paint and extender.  I had some general ideas on color, but really had no preconceived idea on a design plan.  So, here I go throwing paint around.




 Well, this is looking quite ugly.......

Calming things down a bit.......  
                                               

I think this will work..........

 I rolled the canvas up and took it to the cabin. Warren had the construction plan all figured out.
  I love a handy man!

 Some saw horses, clamps and miscellaneous tools is all it took.  By the way, that braided rug on the floor was made by my Grandma many years ago, and I am thrilled to have it in our cabin!


The finished product.....

 I think we make a pretty good team.  I'm quite sure one of the next projects will be a quilt.

Comments

roxanestoner said…
The Dobson's Team did it again! You guys rock. It looks really nice and you can truly call it your own. Miss you
You two really are a wonderful team! Great outcome!!
Jeanne Marklin said…
It would be fun to use your outhouse! Love those bright blues and the mosaics. I love how you are truly making the cabin your own. I might paint a canvas headboard after seeing yours. Looks like it will inspire creative dreams.

Popular Posts