No Studio Time = Inspiration Time.........


I must admit, I've been missing my studio time. Summer in Alaska is something to enjoy, especially when the temperatures are in the seventies and eighties..........a rare phenomenon here in south central Alaska! Although the studio has been vacant , the ideas for new work have been overflowing, with all the beauty that lies before me on a daily basis.



As I climb into to the back seat of the Super Cub, my excitement starts to build. My husband and I are off on a fishing adventure to Prince William Sound. I have only flown over this area in a commercial jet, and am always in awe of the scenery. To realize how close we live to such vast wilderness is a surreal experience, so to fly over this area in our small float plane is quite a thrill for me! I tend to complain about sitting in the back seat of the plane.........it's a control thing, I must admit, but I have nothing to complain about on this day.


As we take off, the haze becomes more evident. Wildfires are burning in several parts of the state, which is the one down side of the warm, dry summers.





Even with the haze, the scenery is breathtaking. The subtle colors cast on the mountains and glaciers give me the sense we have flown into a watercolor painting.

As we fly over Eagle River Valley, Crow Creek Pass and Girdwood, I take note of the textures and colors beneath me. Glacial ice........crevasses appear to be infinite in their deep blue depth.







Once through Portage Pass, we are flying over Prince William Sound. Dancing like diamonds, the morning sun shimmers on the water. The haze in the air casts an eerie, yet beautiful calm over the entire space.


Coves and islands, surrounded by glaciers and emerald water............

Weather like this is a rarity in these parts, but on this day..............I am in paradise....

Comments

Beena said…
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing them!
jess said…
hey, nice profile pic!!! :)
Anonymous said…
Wow! Awesome photos of magnificent scenes. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful place.
MollyBee

Popular Posts