Small Town to Big City....Philadelphia!


It's always hard to say good bye to family, but we left Warren, PA today. We flew from Erie to Cleveland together, then I headed to Philly, while Warren headed back to Alaska. Seemed strange to fly west to Cleveland to get to Philadelphia!
I spent the afternoon wandering around the historical district of the city. Independence Park was a beautiful place to just sit and enjoy the beautiful weather. I still can't believe how warm and green it is this late in the season. Isn't October supposed to be,well.....autumn???? It feels like summer around here! I thought about riding the Metro to get around, but opted for walking......surprised, Roxane??






After wandering around the Atkin Nelson Museum, I decided to have a bite to eat, so I found a nice little Italian restaurant called La Scala, on the corner of Chestnut and 7th. It's been a long time since I've been in this big city, so it's a little overwhelming! I'm looking forward to meeting up with my friend Karen to do some more exploring!

Comments

roxanestoner said…
Good to know that you made it ok in the big city Nancy. Enjoy your day tomorrow. I would enjoy more of the warm weather... It was kind of snowing here. A strange thing happened though this morning, the snow was starting to come down but we had about 20 white and purple butterflies flying among the snowflakes in the front of the house.... I had never seen that before.

Popular Posts