Speaking of Birds......

Speaking of birds, I guess I'm officially a "snow bird". I arrived in Colorado January 16, with two pets in tow. Tryggur and Onyx made the trip, and have adjusted much better than I expected. Although there is some snow on the ground, and the mornings very cold, the afternoons warm up to a very pleasant temperature. It's been nice walking the dog every day without having to bundle up with ten layers of clothing and big, bulky boots!

Craig(our son) has taken good care of the house, but I'm making a few minor adjustments..... skateboard, pile of shoes, and bike out of the foyer for starters! Next will be the tv in the living room, with wires everywhere....that has to be cleaned up a bit! Eventually we'll have more furniture in the living room, but "a little at a time" is my motto.

I decided to jump right in to an art quilt group here. I'm so excited I found AQUA on the internet. This is a very active group of art quilters, with over 60 members. There were 37 people at the meeting I attended on Saturday, and this is a very talented and friendly group, with no officers...just a steering committee( read....no minutes, major rules, etc.....) They made me feel very welcome, and I'm looking forward to getting more involved as I get settled into my snow bird life! There are many opportunities to exhibit my work, so I need to get busy and get my sewing room in order so I can start creating!

After spending a few days getting the house somewhat organized, I couldn't resist the urge to get up to the red rocks, even if for just a few minutes. This is the first time I've been here with snow on the ground, and it is truly stunning. The snow brings a delicate influence to the boldness of the red rocks, and I think I'll be finding myself up there quite often.

Comments

Popular Posts