Building My Stash....

During my last session at the dye vats, I ran out of fabric. I still had a lot of dye concentrate left, so I decided to cover it well and put it in the fridge. By the time I got around to ordering more fabric, I was a bit concerned whether the dye would still be good, since it had been sitting in the fridge for close to two months. I'm glad I didn't throw it away, as I got some great colors. I dyed 18 yards of fabric, so my Colorado fabric stash is slowly growing. It is a bit of a challenge dyeing fabric in the space I have here, but I managed to do it without making a huge mess! When there's a will, there's a way!!

When dyeing fabric, I typically use the low immersion dye method. Ann Johnston's book Color by Accident, is a great source of information for this technique.

Now, I'll have some fabric to work with when I get back here!



I'm off to Alaska, where I'm anxious to do some more fabric dyeing in my studio!!

Comments

Popular Posts