Stop to Smell the Flowers................


In just a few days I'll be leaving this beautiful Colorado for beautiful Alaska. I have truly loved spending time here. Getting familiar with the outdoor activities available, and enjoying nature's beauty has been quite energizing and breathtaking.

Craig and I took a great hike yesterday. We went to the HorseThief Canyon Wildlife Area and hiked a loop that took us along a dry, slick rock stream bed, through a basalt rock canyon, with the shear red rock cliffs towering above.

While walking the trail, I noticed a beautiful cactus in bloom. On closer inspection, I realized there were caterpillars inside the blooms! I thought this was pretty amazing, so I had to get some pictures. I wish I would have spent a bit more time adjusting my camera for this photo op!




I've taken time to smell the flowers, touch the textural rocks and trees, listen to the bird's songs...........I'm taking much inspiration with me from this visit.....

Comments

roxanestoner said…
This is way cool Nancy. Love those caterpillars. They look like part of the flowers or that they are in some kind of choreographed danse. Way cool. I really like the first white flowers too. They look like fireworks. Thank you for sharing with the deprived people of Alaska...ahhaha

Popular Posts