Ahh, Summer in Alaska...........


I've been back home for a couple of weeks now, and have been busy working in the yard.........and taking a few nice hikes. Roxane and Curt invited me to hike near Eklutna Lake with them this afternoon..... a nice diversion from hauling several wheelbarrows of dirt! It was a nice climb through the woods, opening up to a beautiful view of the lake. The weather was a pleasant temperature for hiking, but a bit chilly once we reached the overlook. You can see from the photo that summer is slow in arriving! I've lived here for over twenty years, and have never hiked this trail, however, I've enjoyed the mountain bike trail that meanders along the lake, ending at a trail head which leads to Eklutna glacier. This is where our drinking water comes from..........looks pretty good, eh?

Although I miss the warm sunshine of Colorado, it's good to be back home...........

Comments

Popular Posts