Procrastination + Inspiration = Progress


I have a show coming up in September. One problem.....I don't have many quilts to show. I'm not sure why I've been procrastinating, but something has been keeping me from my studio. Once I get going, I'll be going full speed ahead, but it's been a slow process. Have I been gathering ideas, fearing failure of an acceptable show, or is my muse just taking a long hiatus? I haven't been forcing it, other than jotting down ideas and quick sketches when they pop into my head..........usually in the middle of the night.


I finally spent some time in my studio today.....not much, but at least it's a start. It felt good to be back in my space. I pulled out some things that I had started awhile ago, put them on my design wall, and we'll see where I go with them. The above photo is one I took in Arches National Park this past winter. When I started going through my fabrics, I saw this piece that I dyed last year, and I thought they somewhat resembled each other. This may have some possibilties........



After working on this piece for a while, I decided it was time to get my camera and take the dog for a walk up the hill. The lupines are in full bloom , so thought I would get some pictures to inspire me. There's nothing like getting outside to get inspired!


So, I feel like I'm finally getting back into the creative mode. I'm just hoping I can stay on track now. How do you motivate yourself to get moving when you're in a "rut"?

Comments

roxanestoner said…
Great promising start. That second picture is my favorite. The fireweed painted too. They are like first sentences in books that makes you want to know the whole story.

Popular Posts