For those of you celebrating....

Happy 4th of July!!




I've been very busy in my studio, and it feels so good!!!

I'm getting ready for the September show I'm having at Snow City Cafe in Anchorage. I have wanted to do pieces that reflect my experiences in both Alaska and Colorado, so I've decided to title the show "Between A Red Rock And A Hard Place". I'm concentrating on getting the quilt tops well on their way, then I will do the detail / finishing work later. I still have A LOT of work to do, but feel like I'm making good progress! Below are a few shots of what I've bee
n working on.......




These are detail shots of the piece I've been working on, which is the "Between A Red Rock And A Hard Place" quilt. I'll show the bigger picture when it's a bit further along.





This was a fun little experiment with collage. It's paper and dyed silk on a muslin base. I used diluted glue to adhere everything, so it is pretty stiff. I will try doing some stitching on it, but not sure where else this one is going! I haven't done much collage work, so I would like to explore this technique a bit more.




The focal point of this piece is a photo printed on organza. I want to keep this very simple as far as piecing, but will bring more elements to the design by doing some heavier stitch work.



These are just a few of the pieces I have in progress. Hopefully I'll stay on task!!




Comments

Popular Posts