A Fish Story..and Other Fall Tales....

Where has the summer gone? I can't believe it's been almost two months since my last post. This has been one crazy season. That studio time I thought I would have is not happening. I've managed to create a couple of small pieces, but that's about it.

The weather has been unusually nice this summer, so that means I tend to take advantage of outdoor activities, rather than spend time in my studio.

Warren and I have spent a lot of time at the cabin, which translates into a lot of work!! We enjoy our time there, so giving up studio time for cabin time is a fair trade, in my eyes. We managed to get some major projects underway this trip in. We got all of the interior logs stained, and flooring in the main part of the cabin completed..........MAJOR accomplishments!


Our cabin sits on the shore of a beautiful remote Alaska lake. We had the privilege of taking part in stocking the lake with rainbow trout. Every two years, Fish and Wildlife supply the lake with baby trout (trout fry just does not sound good to me!). Warren arrived with a cooler full of two bags containing 1,700 trout, ready to be released into their new home!


We immediately loaded them into the canoe and looked for the perfect spot to release them. Of course, Tryggur wanted to help! Warren released one bag........


and I released the other...........


How exciting to be a part of this adventure!


The day ended with a spectacular full moon. It was bright enough to light up the cabin. We contemplated taking a moonlight canoe ride, but were too tired, so opted to enjoy it from the back deck...........
Let's hope this weather holds for awhile!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your fish tale adventure and the lovely photos. I enjoyed both. Will email you in a bit. JG

Popular Posts