I Love Trees.............




I love trees, so I jumped at the chance to make another tree quilt. My Mom was admiring a quilt on my web site, so I decided to make something similar for her birthday. I've been experimenting with dyeing and painting sheer fabric, so decided to use some on this particular piece. With a combination of thermofax screens and brushes, I created a piece of fabric to use as an overlay for the background piece of my quilt.

I used pieces of the sheer fabric, over hand dyed green fabric for the background. For the trees, I painted birch like characteristics on beige silk fabric.Before attaching the leaves, I stitched the background and trees. Once the background stitching was complete, I attached the leaves and stitched them down. A bit of bead embellishment was the finishing touch for the quilt.
And, since we're on the subject of trees............. Have I mentioned that I love trees? While visiting family in Pennsylvania, the sunshine on the trees caught my eye. I had to grab my camera and head outside to capture the light filtering through the branches.


I also love dogs...........Bailey is patiently waiting to go back in the warm house.

Comments

Rita said…
Hi Nancy, Your quilt is beautiful. I'll bet your Mom will be totally thrilled. OK - you've been holding back on me - who's Bailey? He's adorable. Could he be a rival for my affection for Truggur? Rita
Rita said…
Oops - I misspelled Tryggur...hope he's not mad.
Unknown said…
I love the photos of leaves - and what a sweet dog!! Your birches are so figurative, thanks for sharing. I smile!
Nancy said…
Thanks, Rita! My Mom loves it, and has it hanging on her wall. Bailey is my sister in law's dog. She's so cute, and I loved the pose she was in when I took the picture! Tryggur was very happy to get out of the kennel!

Susan, Thanks for visiting, and the nice comments!

Popular Posts