Between Here and There Photos





The collaborative exhibit Mary Hertert and I have been working on has been on display in the Colorado Mesa University Center Gallery for a couple of weeks now.  We're very pleased with the way the whole thing came together.  While Mary worked on her velvet sculpture pieces in Colorado, I worked on my quilted pieces in Alaska, so we had not seen everything together until we met to hang the show, with the exception of "Changing Light", an installation of suspended sheer fabrics, which we worked on together when I arrived in Grand Junction.


The opening reception was very well received, with over 75 people attending!  It was a very enjoyable evening.  In addition to the opening, we've given a couple of tours to smaller groups who were unable to make the opening.  

I returned during the week to take some photos to share with you.  I hope you enjoy the exhibit!



  









Comments

sandypoa05 said…
Hello, from south Brazil. Amazing work, I wish I could see it there. Congratulations!
sandypoa05@gmail.com
Tana said…
Nancy, It looked like a really great show. I am sorry I missed it. You do such beautiful work. Thanks for the info on the slats. Also it was interesting about the canvas in the back. I am going to have to try that also. Hope you have something planned for the next three shows!
Tana
Nancy said…
Thanks for the nice comments, sandypoa and Tana! Tana, I felt so bad that you missed the show by just a few minutes! I'm hoping to have some things for AQuA shows.

Popular Posts