A Little Distraction....to Abstraction



My plan was to start working on a piece for an upcoming show.  The theme is "Inspired by the Masters".  I have one of my photos in mind, along with a "master" who inspires me.  I admire the work of August Macke.  The simplicity of his landscape paintings intrigues me,  so thought that a photo I took in France would be a perfect subject to use for this challenge.  I've got a sketch ready to go, but....... 
I haven't made much progress with that challenge.  Rather, I've been having fun with abstraction. You never know where the creative spark will take you!


The piece above has been on my design wall for a very long time.  I was bored with it, and didn't know what to do.  I decided to start slicing and rearranging, and this is what has transpired so far.....


Then, after finding a bit more fabric in my stash,  a second piece began to appear on the wall.....
I'm calling this my totem piece.

Then, I remembered SAQA was asking for donations for their annual fundraiser, so this is what happened.....




                                                  

I've been having some fun in the studio, and I'm hopeful that I'll get motivated to start that masters piece soon.......or not.

Comments

Popular Posts